Enrolment for Junior Infant pupils takes place in the November of the school year before the child is due to start.
New parents/guardians moving into our school area should contact the school if they require placement for children in other classes. Our Information booklet will give you the important information about our school.
Enrolment dates for 2023/24 school year:
7th – 25th November. .
Please click below to access our
Click below to read our Admission Policy
Click below to read our Admission Notice regarding dates and places available.
Before your child starts
You should ensure that your child is as independent as possible – physically, emotionally and socially. If pupils can look after these areas they will feel secure and confident and settle in readily. It would help greatly if your child is able to-
- Button and unbutton a coat and hang it up.
- Use the toilet without help and manage pants buttons.
- Also encourage personal hygiene and cleanliness. Your child should know how to flush the toilet and wash hands, without having to be told.
- Use a tissue when necessary.
- Share toys and playthings with others and ‘take turns’.
- Tidy up and put away playthings.
- Remain contentedly for a few hours in the home of a relation, friend or neighbour. If children had this experience, then separation from parents when they start school will not cause any great anxiety.
- Wear ‘Velcro’ shoes, Junior Infants cannot manage laces.